With a clear understanding of the consequences of remaining dormant, the survey shows a vast majority of manufacturers are embarking on a digital transformation journey.
The results of Rackspace’s global survey show that in addition to allowing products and services to stand out, modernizing technology & applications can improve competitiveness as well as the kinds of customer experiences (CX) and efficiencies that drive profits.
A clear majority (89%) of manufacturers say their appreciation for application technology has grown over the past five years, and 51% of manufacturers say it takes months to gain consensus before implementing change.
Among the technologies that benefit manufacturers’ businesses most financially — both in generating revenue and reducing costs — AI/machine learning, cybersecurity, enterprise software, e-commerce, and IoT rank the highest.
Fortunately, a majority (68%) of non-tech C-suite manufacturing executives are thought to understand the bottom-line benefits of apps in the manufacturing industry.
According to survey results, manufacturers clearly understand the costs associated with not embarking on modernization efforts.
Specifically, respondents noted a failure to move away from legacy applications in the next two to three years, will cause employee turnover (100%) and lack of ability to compete (67%).
The more individual leaders see technology, not as a cost center – but a possibility center – the better off they will be.
- The Automation-Human Balance Takes Shape in Security
- 3 Tactics to Accelerate a Digital Transformation
- Putting Production on Repeat with Machine Tool Automation
- AI in manufacturing: Optimizing costs and enabling the workforce
- RPA: Why you need to care about this totally unsexy technology
- Buildings IOT Implements Smart Building Management System for Thor Equities’ 800 Fulton Market Development in Chicago
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Energy
- Automation Tools Are Key to a Successful Hybrid Workplace